Mystery Reader Fun

Can you believe it is already November?? Even my students are amazed at how fast the school year is flying by.  Before we know it, it will be CHRISTMAS!!  Well, before we get ahead of ourselves.  I just wanted to stop in and tell you about a fun activity that I do in my classroom.  I am sure many of you have heard of Mystery Readers, but if you haven't you are in for a real treat. 
My Firsties L.O.V.E. this activity, and it is a great way to get parent involvement.   At Back To School Night I inform all my parents about Mystery Readers.  Parents, relatives or friends are asked to come in and read to the class on Fridays, but the best part is, is that the Mystery Reader is a complete surprise to the class.  Each day, I reveal a clue about our Mystery Reader and on Fridays we try to guess who it is.  Their little faces are priceless when they realize it is their parent, relative or friend reading to the class.  They look forward to our daily clues, and can hardly wait for the big reveal on  Fridays. 
Some parents truly get into it, which the students love.  They will dress up as a character, or others bring in a treat for each student.  I had one mother read a Dinosaur story, and decided to make mini dinosaur cakes for each student, had a dinosaur game prepared, along with goody bags filled with dinosaur treats, it was incredible. 
We just uploaded our unit on TPT . It includes everything you need to get Mystery Readers started in your classroom... Parent letters, clue sheets, thank you cards, bulletin board materials and more!
letter informing parents about Mystery Reader
date selection notice
You can click HERE to go to our TPT store to pick up the unit.
It is currently on sale!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow This Blog


Subscribe by Email

Enter your email address:

Powered by Blogger.

US!

US!
Dana & Lauren

Grab Our Button!

Our Store

GoNoodle Brain Breaks

We Love Followers

NJ Pride

I Love Clipart