Freebie Friday Linky Party

Freebie Fridays

It's our first linky party!!! Yay!!!  I hope you all enjoy our freebies and our NEW blog! 

Like most teachers, I have a freak obsession with books! I L.O.V.E. them! I just can't have enough.  I buy them from libraries, garage sales, goodwill, scholastic.. pretty much anywhere that will sell me one, I'll buy it.  So you could imagine my excitement when we had our Scholastic Book Fair at school this month... a room full of shiny, new books, doesn't get much better than that.  I got some really cute ones, and randomly, without really previewing it, I decided to pick up "The Monster Who Lost His Mean".  I guess the little green guy caught my attention, and good thing, because this may be one of the cutest books I've read in a long time! 



It's about a cute little monster who lost his M, so he was just an Onster.  He could no longer do mean monster things.  He soon realized that his name didn't really matter, but it's what's on the inside that counts. ( I know too cute!) Well, besides me being in love with this little guy, my firsties L.O.V.E.D him also! 

Throughout reading we spoke about character traits.  We talked about how a monster would typically act, and how Onster was different. After finishing the story, we completed the following activity.



Click HERE for the character trait activity

The book also had a few onomatopoeias in it, which my students are currently obsessed with.  Whenever they hear one in a story, they start yelling "onomatopoeia."  I made the following craft (we will be making it on Monday, we didn't have enough time for it today).  You can do this craft with pretty much any monster book.

The students will be given the prompt "__________ went the _________ monster."  They will have to fill in the first blank with an onomatopoeia and the following one with an adjective.  I will post their final work this week.



Click HERE for the monster patterns.  There are two choices, a square and circle monster, and I also included dots that they can put on their monster. 


Thanks for stopping by and checking out our freebies! If you like what you see be sure to follow us! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Follow This Blog


Subscribe by Email

Enter your email address:

Powered by Blogger.

US!

US!
Dana & Lauren

Grab Our Button!

Our Store

GoNoodle Brain Breaks

We Love Followers

NJ Pride

I Love Clipart